The Cartridge Comparison Guide is the ultimate hunting and ballistics source, built to help shooters maximize cartridge capabilities and ballistic understanding. The Guide considers every major factory and hand-load source for every Rifle, Shotgun and Handgun cartridge available in the USA. That is over 250 unique cartridges! It then breaks down all of this ballistics data, covering thousands of unique loads, and eliminates the mediocre and anemic loads. The result is a simple and easy to use set of data tables that presents the best ballistic potential, in every bullet weight available, for any cartridge a shooter can buy. Hunters and shooters will gain maximum benefit from a personalized cartridge selection using this book.
Many professional hunters have called the 2nd Edition of the Cartridge Comparison Guide "THE Hunting Bible". Elite military snipers and avid outdoorsmen alike have called this book the Best and Most Comprehensive and easily understood ballistics manual EVER WRITTEN!
- Compares every factory available cartridge from the 17 calibers up to the 577 caliber cartridges in Rifles, the 17 calibers up to 50 caliber cartridges in Handguns and Shotgun loads from 20 gauge up to 10 gauge. Further benefit is provided by integrating shotgun slug information in with the center fire rifle data tables.
- Shows the greatest velocity, energy, momentum and recoil achieved for each bullet weight.
- Displays which Manufacturers produce factory loads and the number of loads produced.
- Source information for at least one factory load and one hand load for every bullet weight available in each cartridge is included.
- 100% coverage of all Handgun and Rifle Cartridges produced in the USA by at least two minor factory load sources or one major factory load source.
- Momentum Calculation for all Rifle, Shotgun and Handgun loads.
- Additional discussion sections are included to help readers understand bullet construction, selection, and expansion, wound channel generation and how to choose the right bullet for any given application.
The Guide offers several unique benefits that set it apart from any other ballistic manual offered in the industry today.